Matcha Tres Leches Cake (Dairy Free, Vegan)
Stand mixer Hand mixer
8×8 cake pan
- 1 soymilk Unsweetened
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1/2 Aquafaba Chickpea brine
- 1/3 neutral oil
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste or extract
- 1 Cane sugar organic
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt Kosher
- 1 3/4 Cake flour Use gluten free all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp ceremonial grade matcha powder more for dusting
- 1 15 oz can Dairy free evaporated Milk I used evaporated coconut milk from Nature's Charm brand
- 1 15 oz can Condensed Coconut or Oat Milk
- 2 Plant milk Unsweetened
- Sprinkles as desired, optional
- Coconut whip Enjoy the taste
Pre-heat your oven to 350F. Line your baking pans with parchment paper.
Add lemon to soymilk and let it stand.
Whip the Aquafaba
Transfer the aquafaba to the stand mixer, and whip it on high until soft peaks and frothy peaks appear. The volume of the mixture should grow after whipping. Transfer the mixture to a bowl.
Make Cake Batter
Then add the cane sugar, oil, baking powder, salt, and soymilk and lemon juice to the stand mixer. Mix until well incorporated and smooth.